- Flow with Elephants explains river flow in a rather unique way.
- How can sustainable farming make a difference? Here is one family's story.
- Who's who in Central Oregon water-world - an incomplete list
Water Law and Management in Oregon
- "Water in Oregon: Not a Drop to Waste," Oregon League of Women Voters
- "Water Rights in Oregon: An Introduction to Oregon's Water Laws," OWRD
- "Freshwater Conservation: A Review of Oregon Water Law and Policy," by Adell Amos [link]
Deschutes River Basin
- Upper Deschutes Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive Management Plan
- Deschutes River flows, Oregon Water Resources Department:
- Bureau of Reclamation "tea cup diagram" showing major storage reservoirs in the Deschutes Basin.
- Ground-water Hydrology of the Upper Deschutes Basin, USGS report 2001
- Analysis of 1997-2008 Groundwater Level Changes in the Upper Deschutes Basin, USGS report 2013
- The Upper Deschutes Basin Study: Bureau of Reclamation; Deschutes River Conservancy
- USFWS Deschutes River Basin Habitat Conservation Plan (HCP)
Historic Upper Deschutes River
- 1947 Report about flows out of Wickiup Reservoir, aka - the Dimick Report
- Fish from Deschutes River near Benham Falls 1910 photo - photo courtesy of the Deschutes County Historical Museum
This guide to the trails in the area provides many opportunities for hikers with differing levels of experience. See how beautiful nature can be, and how vital it is that preserve and protect it.